My main expertise is in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision and some web development. More specialized skills are listed below in order of descending level of familiarity.
- 2.5 years of full-time experience writing computer vision applications.
- Language of choice during my college education. Took two courses on it, used it at RE-phrase and worked with it full-time for six months to write a neural network framework for my bachelor thesis.
- MATLAB / Octave
- 1.5 years of full-time experience building a brain-computer interface and doing research.
- Scheme/Racket (LISP-like language)
- I took one university course and then helped create and teach another one for two years using Scheme (now named Racket). I also occasionally use it for programming puzzles.
- Took and then became a teaching assistant for university courses that teach C++ programming. It's also occasionally used at my current job.
- Took several university courses and the online db-class that used SQL and built various websites using MySQL.
- Built various websites using PHP. It was my first "serious" programming language.
- Primary language used at RE-phrase. I used it for about 1 day a week for 1 year.
- Used to enhance some websites and program web apps at RE-phrase.
- Wrote several theses, articles and presentations.
- Clean (Haskell-like language)
- Took two courses that explicitly taught the language and the associated programming concepts and one that used it to illustrate software testing.
- Learned as a hobby a couple years ago and then re-learned it to use Rails for Coursera's Software as a Service course.
- Learned it as a part of the Udacity courses I took.
- XML, XSLT, XPath and XQuery
- I use XML regularly and the other languages were used occasionally at RE-phrase and taught in the professor Widom's online db-class.
- Used to build a small experimental program for a human-machine interaction course.
- Sparingly used during my internship at Philips Research.
- Fluent. Download IELTS certificate.
- High-school level.
- High-school level.
- OS of choice
- Mac OS X
- Used at RE-phrase.
- Ubuntu Linux
- Used for a while during college.